A dental implant is an important part of restoring a missing tooth. A group of implants can even support dentures. Dental implants are one of the most successful of all dental surgeries.
If you have a missing tooth or teeth, contact Cottonwood Dental. We can take you through the dental implant process with compassion and understanding. We want you to eat better again, avoid infections and other problems caused by missing teeth, and have a better quality of life.
What Are Dental Implants?
The term “dental implant” refers to a new metal tooth root. It can support a dental crown that looks like a natural tooth. Or several implants can secure your dentures.
Supported by an implant, a restored tooth can:
- Be brushed and flossed normally.
- Be just as stable as a natural tooth for chewing.
- Seamlessly blend in with your other teeth when you smile.
- Keep your other teeth from moving or getting out of alignment.
Plus, getting an implant in your jaw can stimulate your jawbone to grow and get stronger. This can promote tooth stability and improved facial shape.
We’ve seen the benefits of dental implants for our patients in the Wichita area. We’ll recommend them if they’re the perfect solution to restore your smile.
What Is the Dental Implant Process?
Since getting a dental implant requires a surgery, the process can take several appointments, along with recovery time. We’ll get you through it as quickly as we can while keeping you safe and comfortable. It involves:
- An examination that includes advanced technology to ensure your jaw is ready for the implant.
- A surgery in which the metal tooth root is implanted. We’ll keep you comfortable using sedation.
- A recovery period during which you go home and let your jawbone naturally bond with the implant.
- A restoration procedure when your new tooth or appliance is attached to the implant or implants.
We’ll lead you through these simple steps. Ask as many questions as you’d like. We strive to be a friendly and warm office, and we’ll be happy to discuss your dental implant process with you as much as you need.
Schedule a Dental Implant Examination!
Our final goal is that your dental implant and tooth restoration work just like your normal teeth. Imagine being able to talk, chew, and brush like you never lost a tooth! Contact Cottonwood Dental now to get an appointment for the first step toward a restored smile.